Thursday, June 11, 2009

Refections on... Fish Oil

















I have been "urgent" with my attention to nutrition for the past nine years since the conception of my first child. And, while I have been far from a purist nutritionally I have attempted to consistently develop a healthier mindset. Two of the reasons are first naturally I sense a responsibility for my children who are developing habits based on my lifestyle and second personally I have seen the impact when I have been able to connect some dots between what I consume and how my body responds. And, for one who has a "low tolerance" for pain the latter has been a constant motivator.

My most recent lesson on fish oil has inspired me to experiment and explore more on the... said deficiencies of essential fatty acids. Last weekend, I attended workshops that began to stimulate new motivation on some next steps in nutrition for my family.

Thus, as of this morning my children and I have begun the introduction of liquid fish oil. Yes... Cod-liver Oil (though disguised with an orange-flavor, its natural taste did mildly surface) and thankfully with some strategic coaching over the past couple of days; we "victoriously" consumed. Though, this is as much a lesson in observing how our bodies biologically behave I am curious to see the monetary expenses incurred and will need to see definite advantages in order to implement as a lifestyle. It seems that whether supplementing essential fatty acids through fish oils or including the foods that are rich in efa in our diet, both are a monetary commitment.

No comments: